The US Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs is holding a hearing titled The Present and Future Impact of Virtual Currency on Tuesday (19th November).
The Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance and the Subcommittee on Economic Policy will meet in open session with a witness panel including representatives from the digital currency space.
The witness panel comprises of:
- Jennifer Shasky Calvery, director at the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- David Cotney, commissioner of banks at the Massachusetts Division of Banks
- Anthony Gallippi, co-founder and CEO of BitPay
- Chris Larsen, founder and CEO of Ripple Labs
- Sarah Jane Hughes, university scholar and fellow in commercial law at Maurer School of Law, University of Indiana
- Paul Smocer, president of BITS at Financial Services Roundtable